The DVD 5480 HO module is a high performance 12G SDI distribution amplifier with 12G Single Link <> Quad Link (2SI) conversion on optical and electrical interfaces. This module can be used in various applications depending on user settings:
1. 12G SDI Distribution amplifier
2. 12G SDI Single Link to Quad Link (2SI) converter (Demux)
3. Quad Link (2SI) to 12G SDI Single Link Converter (Mux)
4. 8K SDI <> Fiber converter
Four 12G SDI optical inputs and four 12G SDI optical outputs
DVD 5840 HO is ideally suited for demanding high quality broadcast and professional video applications. The module provides four 12G SDI optical inputs and four 12G SDI optical outputs in four pairs of optical TR slots (Transmitter/Receiver, SFPs optional). In addition, four bi-directional electrical inputs/outputs (signal flow direction can be set by the user) on High Density MicroBNCs are available for optical<>electrical conversion.
Ideal for TV applications
DVD 5480 HO is part of the 5000 series of CardModules, which offers high quality, modularity and flexibility in a small form factor ideal for applications where space is at a premium. Like other 5000 series CardModules, this module is fully integrated into LYNX APPolo Control system which provides remote control, status monitoring and error reporting for the module.
- Supports four 12Gbit/s SDI Optical inputs and outputs each.
- Provides four bidirectional, electrical inputs/outputs on the high density MicroBNCs
- Different operation modes:
- 12G SDI single Link Input signal can be demultiplexed to quad link (2SI; 4x3G SDI)
- Quad Link (2SI) signal can be multiplexed to 12G SDI Single Link
- 12G SDI optical signal can be distributed to four optical outputs and four electrical outputs
- Mixtures between the different operation modes
- Input presence detection with LED indication
- Microprocessor controlled with internal flash RAM for storing configuration
- Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting when used with Lynx APPolo Control system
- Hot swappable